Friday 16 November 2018

Love still stands...


My role at A Way Out has become even more exciting this month as I have incorporated part time studying alongside my work responsibilities.  My brain is getting used to switching from managerial mode at the office to student mode in lectures.  In the first weeks of the term there has been so much to take in that my brain capacity has had to stretch …. other mature learners will share how I feel when I say it’s like I need to grow a second brain!

I remember a similar feeling awaiting the birth of my second child… time I considered how much I loved my first born with all of my heart… so where was I going to find more love?  I learned that we don’t possess a limited quota of love and when my second child appeared the love appeared aplenty… I’m just hoping the same will apply to my brain capacity as my studying progresses!

As we approach the season of ‘goodwill to all’ (in less than 2 months) our challenge could be for us each to increase our capacity to love.  One of my favourite bible verses says  Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. It is, in fact, the one thing that still stands when all else has fallen.”

Christmas is a time when A Way Out shows some of Stockton’s most vulnerable women, families and young people an extra portion of love - ensuring each has a gift, seasonal food, and a celebration to attend.  We can’t do this without you sharing some of your love too – please consider donating a Christmas present or cash gift and help us show that love still stands when all else may have fallen.

Written by Anita, General Manager


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...